07 November 2012

Feather Place Setting

While brainstorming my 2012 Thanksgiving place settings I came across these cool feather tags by Anthropologie. I love the idea of using feathers as my main theme this Thanksgiving. But, I have a fairly large family, so I would end up spending a good chunk of change to have enough feathers for each place setting. Well, no need to worry. Here's my much more inexpensive, versatile and customizable version. I cut out the feathers in a light Kraft paper using Lifestyle Crafts feather cutting die from the headband set. I painted the tips with acrylic paint I had on hand. After drying, I punched a hole in the top to string with gray bakers twine. And there you have it. 















2 comments:

B said...

so lovely!

Tanya Runkle said...

These are beautiful Laura! Here from Today's Creative Blog and now following :)

xoxo,

Tanya
http://www.twelveoeightblog.com/